Established in 2012.
Camp Noyo was first developed as a logging camp for the Union Lumber Company in 1907. Originally called "Camp Four," it was the fourth camp established by the lumber company as they progressed east from Fort Bragg along the current route of the California Western Railroad. In 1933, the Union Lumber Company donated the property to the Boy Scouts of America. The Boy Scouts began using the site in the summer 1934 and continue to use the property for several weeks every summer.
In 2012, Allan Hemphill, his son Brian, and a small group of family friends purchased the property from the Boy Scouts. The Hemphill family has been care taking Camp Noyo for over 60 years. We decieded to open the property to the public in 2015 for camping in the summer.